- Secured by Design - attack tested to LPS2081:1 2015
- Building Regulations Approved Document Q
- High specification heat soak tested security glass
- BBA approved rooflight
- Low profile contemporary finish
- Quick and easy to install
The Flushglaze Secure is the first rooflight in the UK to be awarded the Secured by Design mark (LPS2081)
This rooflight has been attack tested and certificated by the Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB) to LPS2081:1 2015 and is designed to be installed as a security rooflight in domestic dwellings.
The Flushglaze Secure features the same low profile contemporary design, tough powder coated aluminium framework and high performance thermally efficient double glazing as a standard Flushglaze but in addition to this, the inner pane of glass is upgraded with a specialist laminated interlayer making it much more difficult for potential intruders to gain entry via the rooflight.
The ‘Secure’ rooflight range has been introduced to comply with recent changes to the Building Regulations, Approved Document Q: Security in Dwellings. This document outlines performance requirements for doors and windows and also covers rooflights which are considered ‘easily accessible’
If your project falls within this criteria you MUST use an approved rooflight which has been tested to the standards outlined in this document. You can read more about Secured by Design rooflights here.
The Flushglaze range of rooflights are also independently approved by the British Board of Agrément (BBA) and have been tested against the following criteria:
Strength and stability
Light and solar transmittance
Behaviour during a fire
If you still have any questions about the product please see our FAQ’s section.
For more specification information please go to:
- Easy Install Guide
- CAD Drawings
- Technical Information
- Secured by Design Certificate
- LPCB Certificate
- BBA Certificate
- Heat strengthened laminated inner pane
- Safety glass retained in the frame in the event of failure, will not break if subjected to thermal heat stress
- Minimum 75 mm wide/150 mm high (by others)
- Recommended pitch
- Minimum 3 degrees / maximum 70 degrees
- U-value (Ud)
- Values stated are for the whole rooflight including frame
- 31 - 136 kgs
- RAL7015 Slate Grey
6mm clear toughened heat soak tested low e outer, 16mm Argon filled cavity with warm edge spacer bar, 8.8mm clear heat strengthened laminated inner.