GLAZING VISION LIMITED (“We” or “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- What personal data of yours is collected;
- With whom such data may be shared;
- Our security procedures to protect against loss, misuse, or alteration of personal data under our control;
- Your rights regarding your personal data;
- How you can correct any errors in the personal data we hold on you.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Glazing Vision Ltd of Sawmills Road, Diss, Norfolk, IP22 4RG.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
The personal data we collect about you may include the following:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, rooflights.com or www.glazingvision.co.uk and/or our mobile applications (any of these and/or all will be referred to throughout this document as “our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, make an enquiry on our site, provide us with specification requirements, place an order on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. For each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Information from finance customers. This information may include detail of goods, order reference, price, date of application, name, address, delivery address if different, phone numbers, email address, income details, previous addresses, occupation, marital status, employer details, bank account details, details of existing financial commitments, application ID number, approval status (regarding finance request with Close Brothers finance provider), sum borrowed, interest amount.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form or registration form]);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- Aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, browser type, operating system, Internet, domain, demographic and profile data, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third parties, these statistics will not include personally identifying information.
- If you would rather we did not share your personal data, please tell us by contacting email@example.com. If you use more than one email address to visit us, send this message from each email account you use.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Glazing Vision Limited or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to the security of our customers information and personal data and we take precautions to ensure that the personal data we collect is secure.
However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk.
Where we have provided (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We recommend that passwords cannot be easily identified and that they are not written down or shared with anyone.
Except in the case of fraud, death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, we do not, to the extent permitted at law, accept responsibility for any liability resulting from any security breaches which may occur.
We are committed to protecting the safety and privacy of young people using our services. We do not intend to collect information about children and recommend that those under the age of 18 seek their parents or guardians consent before providing personal data or using our services. Orders should not be placed through our site unless the person placing the order is over the age of 18.
We recommend that parents or guardians participate on their child’s behalf in online browsing and purchasing experiences and supervise exploration of the Internet. Parents or guardians should be aware that our site may contain information or promote products which are not suitable for children under the age of 18.
You may request copies of the personal data we hold about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in responding to the request. Please send such requests to Glazing Vision Ltd, Sawmills Road, Diss, IP22 4RG or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate, contact us at Glazing Vision Ltd, Sawmills Road, Diss, IP22 4RG or email@example.com, telling us what you believe is wrong with your information and what you believe should be done to correct it.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Glazing Vision Ltd, Sawmills Road, Diss, IP22 4RG or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You shall comply with the Act (including any subordinate legislation made under it and guidance issued by the Information Commissioner) and any related legislation in relation to any personal data provided to us or held by or on behalf of you as a result of or in connection with or necessary for the use of our site.
General Data Protection Regulation
The General Data Protection Regulation provides a framework to ensure that personal information is handles properly.
As a company, Glazing Vision Limited must ensure that this information is:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate and up to date
- Not kept for longer than is necessary
- Processed in line with your rights
- For full details, visit the Information Commissioners Office website ico.org.uk